Tuesday, January 3, 2012

More than a title.

While the wind screams at my windows and tempts the house to topple over I will try my best to explain this blog's name. Let me start with the second half. Novation. At first I really just liked the sound of it. But then I looked up what it meant and well, it just sort of fit.
Novation: The substitution of a new contract for an old one.
The definition continues on with "In the case of a novation, the original debtor is totally released from the obligation, which is transferred to someone else." This is the story of redemption wrapped up in a neat little official-sounding sentance. This It is the story of creation. Our story. We couldn't handle our obligation of tending to the garden, we failed through sin, and God redeemed us. We didn't have what it took so he took it all. Is novation also another word for love? I'd like to think so. And so this blog is yet another example of how one human could not handle her obligations (me) so someone revised the contract and took the responsibility that was for too much for her to carry (Jesus).
Render: To yield; to return; to give again.
This is my render, the giving back of a life that I only seem to make a mess of. It's humbling the way God can teach us with such simple things as two little words. When I decided to start this blog I didn't have some complex plan in mind, I am far too simple for those sort of thoughts. I just wanted to write, I felt the Spirit leading me to do so. And this was the first lesson He taught me. That He can teach me however comlex or simply He chooses. Even through a blog title. This is my Rendered Novation. My returning of a life that I cannot handle alone. The giving up and the laying down. Maybe along the way you will see my mistakes, flaws, and lessons and God will teach you through it, too.

But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life
1 Timothy 1:16

No comments:

Post a Comment